[afnog] Hackathon

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Oct 24 19:40:24 UTC 2016

On 24 Oct 2016 20:21, "Loganaden Velvindron" <loganaden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi afnog folks,
>
> Following the Hackathon that I organized in Mauritius earlier this
> year, Another group organized a similar developer event. Although it
> was more centered around Algorithms & Problem solving including bits
> of crypto, they were heavily inspired by what I did.
>
> [blog post link]
> http://bilaalabdel.com/krakathon-day-1/
>
> In my humble opinion, there is scope to organize similar events across
Africa.

In agreement but judging from less discourse on this topic herein, seems
like most folk are not coders here... mains systems and network admins...

This means, if we are to push for this, we ought to also expand the base
and/or perhaps explain further to those on this list who would be
interested on what hackathons are all about.

Btw, there is a good audiance out of Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Namibia and
South Africa who would be instereted in this but i doult they subscribe to
this list.

Noah