[afnog] Reverse DNS IPv6 of your business customer: delegation or internal management ?

Willy MANGA willy.manga at auf.org
Wed Jan 11 10:46:33 UTC 2017

Hello,
while I know there are not yet many business customer using IPv6 in our
continent, I'd like to know for those concerned or who plan to deploy
IPv6 how you deal with the management of IPv6 reverse DNS at your side ?
Do you delegate the management to your customer or do you manage it
internally ?

Here in Cameroon, I have requested from my ISP (CAMTEL) to manage myself
the IPv6 reverse DNS of the prefix I have received (2001:4268:1a1::/48 )
. I'm waiting their reply.

I know it will not be easy when I see that they have not yet activated
the management of their global prefix :) ( dig -x 2001:4268::2a +trace
does not go after ns1.afrinic.net :-\ )

It's a big issue at my side because I can't use IPv6 for my mail servers
for instance.

--
Willy Ted MANGA
Responsable Technique Régional | BACGL