[afnog] Kirk McKusick mentions Philip Paeps and African conferences

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Mon Dec 31 08:22:02 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-30 22:56:44 (+0100), Randy Bush wrote:
> On 2018-12-29 06:27:53 (+0100), Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>> I'm listening to this podcast where Kirk McKusick (designer of UFS
>> file system and one of the original BSD developers) talks about the
>> history of BSD. One of the things he mentions is Philip's work of
>> "promoting" FreeBSD in Africa.

(I should point out the only African country I've taught FreeBSD in so
far is Sudan.  I would be delighted to visit the others too.  Give me
time!)

> which is interesting, as philip taught routing, and cisco specific.
> the workshops which taught use of freebsd were systems and services.
>
> [ though we did use freebsd for networking when we taught uucp in the
>  first half of the '90s ]

Turns out there's more than one Philip, Randy. :-)

I can't take credit for Philip Smith's excellent routing workshops!

Philip [the one with long hair]

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer