[afnog] Kirk McKusick mentions Philip Paeps and African conferences

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Dec 31 18:10:36 UTC 2018

> (I should point out the only African country I've taught FreeBSD in so
> far is Sudan.  I would be delighted to visit the others too.  Give me
> time!)
>
> Turns out there's more than one Philip, Randy. :-)

this may be a feature, not a bug.

way cool, and my apologies for not following sdnog beyond sara on
twitter; you folk are doing great things there.  country nogs were the
goal, not centralisation of power.

i have moved on to teaching security workshops in asia.  and, sad to
say, linux.  philip smith also does a lot in asia now.  i still run some
freebsd servers in racks, especially when i want zfs.  but freebsd port
dependencies were making me even more crazy than i normally am.

props to all for sdnog, keep up the work, and apologies for being so out
of touch.

randy