[afnog] Another case for RPKI ?

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Wed Nov 14 17:48:19 UTC 2018

Dear Mbong Hudson Ekwoge,

You no zero technical arguments why you liken RPKI to "patching up an
already faulty package". I don't think you do justice to RPKI's value
or to the people deploying RPKI based BGP Origin Validation.

For there to be *any* routing security, in BGP-4 or BGP-5 or
BGP-never, we *at least* need a database which presents us with an
overview of what prefix can be originated by what Autonomous System.
This database must be verifiable, programmatically accessible, and an
open standard. RPKI meets all these requirements.

I look forward to your proposal for BGP-4's successor!

Kind regards,

Job