[afnog] redundancy not working with route leaking

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 07:46:29 UTC 2019

Hi ,

Need assistance on how we can resolve this issue .

We have 2 routers  and each router having an external BGP connection .We
are receiving same prefixes on both routers and exporting same specific
subnets to the external BGP peer.

internaly we have VRF A with route static routes  leaking to VRF B .VRF B
is the one that connects to external BGP peer .These static routes
desination is after the BGP peer network.

When router1 BGP peer goes down , we expect traffic to use router2 to reach
the destination after bgp peer but this fails .

When checking routes on router2 ,we are receiving and exporting as expected
but destination network is not reachable.

set routing-instances VRFA_VRF routing-options static route 1.1.1.1/32
next-table VRFB_VRF.inet.0

NB: Router1 and Router2 are interconnected.

Regards,
Ibty.