[afnog] Clarification on temporary resource usage

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Apr 12 12:26:36 UTC 2019

On 12/Apr/19 12:50, Geert Jan de Groot wrote:

> While there have been many "IPv6-only" events already and it isn't
> bringing much, I can talk to the conference organizers to switch off
> IPv4 on the conference network and see what that will bring you. I
> know that I personally will be OK, I know the conference equipment
> will likely be OK, but I'm not sure about the attendees?

We had an IPv6-only network for the last ZAPF meeting in Cape Town, last
year.

Everything worked except my VPN connection.

I later discovered that I had not enabled IPv6 transport on my OpenVPN
implementation on pfSense. So the next time I'm on an IPv6-only
conference network, this should not be an issue.