[afnog] IPAM - with history?

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu Mar 7 11:54:27 UTC 2019

Hi all,

at $dayjob we're using NetDot [1] as IP address management tool, and it
has several features I really like (so big "Thanks" to the authors):
- hierarchical containers that contain other subnets or containers
- auto-discovery, going through all devices, finding subnets used
  [enabling you to find where 20.20.20.1/30 was configured!!]
- and of course it knows 128-bit addresses and discovers them
But it seems its development is not that active any more.

Now I have 2 more needs arising:
1. VRF awareness: assigning subnets to VRFs (/RDs), allowing overlapping
    IP in discrete VRFs
2. history awareness / archiving:
    keeping records of IP or subnet use over time

Which IPAM systems have those ?
If open source possible, strongly preferred.
And if there's any possibility to run through the list of known devices
and find all connected subnets and specific IPs on interfaces, that will
be very much valued.

What do the good people here recommend?

Thanks,
Frank