[afnog] Remote hubs and IETF hackathon

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:15:16 UTC 2019

Dear All,

The IETF hackathon is going to kick off on Saturday.  ISOC has done a
great job for the remote hubs:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2019/03/join-a-local-ietf-viewing-hub-in-africa/

I would like -- on behalf of our team here in Mauritius -- to invite
those who are interested in collaborating with us to join us on
jabber. The room is TLSHackathon. we are in GMT+4 and we will be
online for 8 hours as we are on local leaves. If you can't reach us,
we can pick up questions when we read our emails.

If you're not interested in TLS 1.3, we are also working on other
standards such as IPv6 and DNS. We are already hacking on this draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag/. If
you want to get involved, you can already use tcpdump to pick up the
flag on the wire:
https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump. You will need to build
tcpdump from source, as the patch I wrote is only available in the
master tree.

Kind regards,
//Logan
(cyberstorm.mu)