[afnog] twitter issue

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 11:51:06 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

There is something broken with mobile.twitter.com:

I've been spending a LOT of time to narrow down this issue.
mobile.twitter.com has issues when a customer doesn't use the DNS of
the local ISP in Mauritius. When I switched to quad9 (9.9.9.9), I'm
unable to send tweets or view other's tweets. When I switch back to
the ISP's default DNS on the router, it starts working. Note that this
happens only on twitter for mobile. I do not experience this issue
when I login on my laptop to post tweets using 9.9.9.9 as my DNS.

I've been sending tweets to twitter support but no reply. Anybody know
a good contact at twitter who can help with fixing this issue ?