[afnog] Webinar Invitation - Securing the Internet Routing table using IRR, RPKI and PeeringDB

training at afrinic.net training at afrinic.net
Thu Nov 14 15:38:36 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Routing outages or attacks – such as hijacking, leaks, and spoofing –
happen every day on the Internet and lead to a range of problems,
including stolen data, lost revenue, reputational damage, and more.

These incidents are global in scale, with one operator’s routing
problems cascading to impact others.

There are several tools, best practices, and recommendations to help
make sure that we reduce the number and impact of such incidents.

In this webinar, we are going to describe how IRR, RPKI, and PeeringDB
can be used to address the problem partially.

We are going to cover the following topics

    1. Understanding the Internet Routing Registries(IRRs)

    2. Objects(Aut-num, Route/Route6, As-set) used in the IRRs

    3. Understanding the Resource Public Key Infrastructure(RPKI)

    4. Applying and getting a BPKI certificate

    5. Route Origin Authorization (ROA) used in RPKI

    6. Using an RPKI validator

    7. Understanding and using the PeeringDB

Date: 21st November 2019

Time: 16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles)
     - 12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)
     - 13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)
     - 15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)
     - 14:30 SAST (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini)

This webinar will be in English, as usual, a French version will be
organised later.

Register at:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7615686260131/WN_oUk_o4o7SkKoTnT0sAvK-A
to secure your seat - first come first in basis.

Warm Regards