[afnog] infrastructure focused interviews and questions

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at akcin.net
Tue Jun 23 17:32:59 UTC 2020

hi there,

I've started a few weeks ago hosting a youtube/twitch/twitter live video
show (simultaneous stream) hosting key people who are involved in the
exec/operations/engineering of internet infrastructure companies either as
consumer or service providers.

my idea is to create a platform where questions/concerns can be asked
directly to executives/key decision-makers and hopefully get answers. Very
similar to Reddit AMA but with focus on
telecom/datacenter/infrastructure/DNS/etc.

For example, I will have execs from zayo, Windstream, aqua comms, packet
fabric this week as my guests where you will be able to ask
questions directly. There will be also a 1-1 discussion with APNIC's Chief
Scientist Geoff Houston about internet growth during lockdowns, and more. I
am now working on adding more international speakers to give a global view
of internet infrastructure. I am curious about AFNIC IP address related
manners, I would love to have a volunteer guest speaker to understand and
ask questions about this topic specifically.

you can watch the shows live, ask questions, and be part of the
conversation from all these platforms.

example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEoZNDMDnww in few hours

twitter https://twitter.com/mhm7kcn

if you have a recommendation on speakers you want to see, ask questions,
you can contact me offlist.

I thought I would share this here, I am sorry if this is off-topic. Invite
people to participate, ask questions, and more.