[afnog] XLAT646 deployment

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Jul 4 21:19:43 UTC 2021

I’ve done a few deployments with 464XLAT … assuming you mean that.

You can find many presentations that I’ve done in several RIR meetins about that.

Last (on-going but delayed because Covid) deployment is an Afrincan operator with 25.000.000 customers (mix of DSL, GPON and cellular). We did lot’s of testing, using differente vendors for all the pieces, and also using open source.

Most of the CPE vendors *do have* a CLAT firmware, it is a straighforward (dozen of lines of code) implementation.

Also the operator side, the PLAT (a NAT64) is available from many vendors and open source.

You can check, for example, for the CPE, my co-authors in RFC8585 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8585/).

Also take a look at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8683/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison/