[afnog] XLAT646 deployment

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Jul 5 07:46:21 UTC 2021

My home is different ... clearly ... I just deployed 10G dual MM fiber links thru different paths among several floors and have over 300 VLANs, several APs, hundreds of devices (including all kind of IoT sensors and actuators), etc. It is a complete "lab".

I understand that in many regions, this is not yet common, but it will come, as it is happening already in Europe, NA and some AP countries.

If the African ISPs take advantage of choosing a good CPE *now* which is almost the same price, they are making their investment "more" future proof, specially if that means saving IPv4 addresses and using that money for deploying IPv6 with better CPEs.

El 5/7/21 9:15, "Mark Tinka" <mark at tinka.africa> escribió:

    On 7/5/21 09:10, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

    > The problem is if you want to have multiple SSIDs, for example for the kids, guest, etc. you also need one /64 for each one.
    >
    > I see more and more often the need to multiple subnets in every subscriber and IPv6, home automation, IoT, etc., etc., definitively increase that.

    And you may very well be right, if it's Jordi's home or some other
    "power user".

    Average Tumi and George walking into an ISP's retail shop to buy a
    service aren't going to care about whether the kids, guests, cars, or
    game consoles need their own SSID (they probably don't even know what
    SSID means, or bother to tell the difference between wi-fi and the
    Internet).

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com