[afnog] DNS Over HTTPs (DOH) by RIRs?

Laban Mwangi lmwangi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:47:31 UTC 2021

Hi All,
 I'm a customer of a large ISP that seems to be doing fishy things with
DNS. They occasionally block port 53 UDP forcing customers to use their DNS
servers.

I'd like to switch to something tamper proof; and based on my research, DOH
seems to fit the bill. However, I'd prefer not to give my DNS data to
Google / Cloudflare. The next best thing in my opinion would be the RIRs
since"
a) They are not for profit.
b) Are large enough to manage a regional DOH service.
c) Are already handling reverse DNS.

What do folks think?

Apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

Thanks,
Laban