[afnog] We can ...

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri Nov 26 19:09:25 UTC 2021

yes: ... still do better than that!

I just got an email titled "Weekly Global IPv4 Routing Table Report" -
thanks PFS!

It has a link:
https://thyme.apnic.net/current/data-add-IANA

that shows that prefix 196.11.175.0/24 is originated by an unassigned
ASN: 37505 [1]

and
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net -- -x 196.11.175.0/24

will tell you that the prefix is also not registered [2]

So my first humble question would be, if someone at
as-name:        LsNIC-AS
descr:          Lesotho Network Information Centre AS

is listening:
can you get the registrations with AfriNIC in order again? It will help.

And of course I have another request:
if anyone at "33567  TELECOM-LESOTHO, LS" is listening [3] :
don't stop accepting and advertising this stuff[4], first try to reach
out to LSNIC and get them to fix this.
The success of your customer will be your success :-)

Thanks,
Frank

[1]
old DB says:
aut-num:        AS37505
as-name:        LsNIC-AS
descr:          Lesotho Network Information Centre AS

[2]
and also that I have to learn about rdap ;-)

[3]
... "reading"   ;-)

[4]
it's ccTLD!!!