[afnog] Another Perspective - Kentik's View on the Facebook Outage

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Oct 8 17:04:39 UTC 2021

> Unfortunately, automation tools are not perfect, and managing them is
> just as hard as managing CLI on boxes manually.

i hypothesize that, given any level of toolset, automation, what have
you, we then make our use of it as complex as we think we can tolerate.
and then ...

it's the complexity, interdependence, fate sharing, tight coupling,
... which kill, not the particular tool.

randy

---
randy at psg.com
`gpg --locate-external-keys --auto-key-locate wkd randy at psg.com`
signatures are back, thanks to dmarc header butchery