[afnog] Another Perspective - Kentik's View on the Facebook Outage

Markus Akena Wipfler markus.wipfler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:43:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021, 11:46 pm Mark Tinka, <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:

> >> Agreed, with the theory being that the more complex we can make it,
> >> the likelier it is to simplify human interaction.
> > my point is that ourr arrogance and st00pidity scales to meet the
> > ability of the tools of the day.

I would call it a general problem of globalisation. Connecting everyone
everywhere brings it's set of challenges. To satisfy an ever growing global
demand we need complex tools that we humans operate with a brain that for
the majority of human existence was used to deal with local issues. I
believe we need to get back to focusing more on local markets and providing
local solutions. Ofc stupidity can occur anywhere but at a local level the
impact is only felt locally.
BRM