[afnog] Another Perspective - Kentik's View on the Facebook Outage

Markus Akena Wipfler markus.wipfler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 00:51:11 UTC 2021

One more point about the FB "outage". Actually 2 points; 1. They say that
it took so long to get systems back online coz their internal systems
depend on the customer facing DNS servers? I find that hard to believe. 2.
The  issue of having an OOB network that uses the same IP space as the
core backbone hasn't been addressed..

I might not work for FB but I haven't seen such "interesting" design
anywhere before.