[afnog] Another Perspective - Kentik's View on the Facebook Outage

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Oct 14 08:58:36 UTC 2021

Hi Bill,
At 04:22 AM 09-10-2021, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>Here's an interview I gave on that topic recently:

I'll comment on a localized view.  One of the social networks
displaced mass media as the primary source of information.  There
isn't much of a debate about the surveillance economy.  However,
there was a contentious debate about curtailing content and whether
people agree to be surveilled by a third-party.  I doubt that there
would be such a debate 20 years ago.

The need is a matter of business models.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy