[afnog] AIS 2023 – AFNOG TUTORIALS

nancy dotse nancy at ghana.com
Wed Aug 30 15:13:09 UTC 2023

Hello All,

We hope you are all doing well.

Please find below AfNOG Tutorials from 19th  - 22nd  Sept, 2023 as a
virtual event.

Interested participants should please use the zoom links below to
Register in advance to attend. Participation is free.

AIS 2023 - AFNOG TUTORIALS

A)

- Title: Network Monitoring and Management  -  19 - 20 Sept 2023: 09 -
11:00 UTC (2 hours daily)

BY : SEUN OJEDEJI, CLEVEN MMARI, ISAAC ARMAH-MENSAH, HERVEY ALLEN,
TIMOTHY AKINFENWA

   - _Brief Synopsis_.: As was the case in previous virtual tutorials,
This session will attempt to share knowledge about tools that can be
used for network management and monitoring. The session will run 2 hours
a day from 19th to 20th September 2023 and it will include presentations
and hands-on where each participant will have access to a virtual lab.

Tools that we will be looking at include LibreNMS to address
availability and performance of our network while we will also look into
Smokeping (or alternates that perform the same functions) to address
reliability of our network. If time permits we may talk about other
tools that can be used within your network for an improved network
service provisioning.

The session requires basic knowledge of Linux administration

Registration URL :
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jEJOI-dCT8aaRYNgfmsZuw

B)

TITLE:   BUILDING AN IOT SYSTEM  , 19 SEPT, 2023 : 14:00 – 17:00 UTC

_By Uli Raich_

   - _Brief Synopsis_.: IoT, the Internet of Things, is one of the most
fashionable fields of computer science at the moment.  "Things" are
represented by sensors and actuators, which provide a handle to real
world objects. A micro-controller having Internet access, is needed to
read out the sensors and send results into the cloud and to receive
commands, which are passed on to the actuators.

During the lectures, we will first look into different devices that may
act as IoT controllers and the way these are programmed. The ESP32 is a
very powerful micro-controller having a WiFi and a BlueTooth interface,
plenty of on-chip flash and RAM memory and a big range of interfaces,
which makes it ideally suited to control various sensors and
actuators,and it is extremely cheap!

Readout and control of sensors and actuators is demonstrated with a
limited set of these devices, using the Python programming language. A
WEB server will be built, receiving real world measurements and
displaying their results. Different types of network protocols will also
be looked at.

Registration URL:
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rUBKFbyOSsqLvzQKEx4glQ

C)

Title:   CERT TUTORIALS  : 19 - 22 Sept, 2023

19 - September.

EGCERT Training: Incident Response 101.

Time: 9 - 12 AM UTC

Brief Description: During this session, we will learn more about
incident response and dive a little deeper into some artifact types and
how to analyze them.

REGISTRATION URL :
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OA0Hnz_ZQm-WGZ21QtMibg

20- September, 2023

EGCERT Training: Forensic 101

Time: 9 - 12 AM UTC

Brief Description: In this Workshop, we will analyze the operating
systems as Windows forensics and the critical artifacts an investigator
can obtain from the investigation process.

REGISTRATION URL :
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OA0Hnz_ZQm-WGZ21QtMibg

21- September, 2023

ICANN Training

Time: 9 - 12 AM UTC

DNS: PREVENTION, DETECTION, DISRUPTION, AND DEFENSE (COURSE FOR NATIONAL
INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAMS AND SECURITY TEAMS)

REGISTRATION URL
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_68x4w346SJ2LQcCW5uJxyw

22- September, 2023
Time: 11 AM - 3 PM UTC

M3AAWG
DDOS Workshop.

REGISTRATION URL
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_naHIMu1yT_KC7iCRPU6B1Q

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

Best regards

Nancy Dotse

AIS'23