[afnog] AIS 2023 - ADDITIONAL AFNOG TUTORIALS - DNS

nancy dotse nancy at ghana.com
Fri Sep 15 14:25:49 UTC 2023

Hi All,

Please find below details on additional AfNOG Tutorial on DNS. on 20th
Sept, 2023

Interested participants should please register to attend.

Best regards

Nancy Dotse

Synopsis:

Domain Name System (DNS) is one of the most distributed and most
critical services of the Internet: everything on Internet starts with
DNS. This protocol by itself is not secure and is subject to various
attacks. One of the security mechanisms added to the DNS is known as
DNSSEC. It strengthens authentication in DNS using digital signatures
based on public key cryptography.

During these 2 hours session composed of presentation and labs, we will
learn how to deploy DNSSEC on a DNS infrastructure to provide
authentication and integrity of DNS data. We will specifically learn how
to :

  	* sign a domain (generate the DNSSEC keys, sign the zone, verify the
DNSSEC data)
  	* activate DNSSEC validation on a recursive resolver.

Each participant will be assigned a group of Linux virtual machines to
practice during the tutorial. Committed participants will be offered
extra time to practice on the virtual machines after the tutorial.

The session requires basic knowledge of: Linux administration, DNS
concepts and DNS configuration.

Date: Wednesday 20th Sept, 09:00 to 11:00 UTC

Instructor: Yazid AKANHO

Registration link: