[afnog] Meeting scheduling

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sat Sep 19 13:22:28 UTC 2026


Hi Jordi,

I read your message about meeting scheduling.  I was a bit surprised 
to see that a network operators group for the region was on the "B" 
list for meeting scheduling.  I would not like to see two meetings 
scheduled on the same dates if the topics or problems I was 
interested about were scheduled to be discussed in both places.  I 
would prioritize the meeting in which the discussions would bemore 
useful if I cannot prevent that from happening.

Would any problem related to those topics be discussed at any of 
those meetings?  Is the problem interesting?  For example, listing 
the topic name would not help me identify something of interest.

I was a bit curious on what were the concerns which people could 
discuss at meetings.  I came across a news article about the "Net of 
insecurity" [1].  There was a paper from Justin Sherman in 2020 which 
argued that in the Border Gateway Protocol and the Domain Name System 
"are insecure because security was not a top priority when each was designed".

There were some discussions on Domain Name System (DNS) at the local 
level.  I could not find any significant discussion on the Border 
Gateway Protocol (BGP).  The latest BGP incident occurred between 13 
And 15 September [2].  It would probably not be a concern as there 
wasn't any reported outage or security problem.  It could be 
different in other locations/countries.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.elandsys.com/r/09789
2. https://www.elandsys.com/r/11414




More information about the afnog mailing list