[afnog] Africacert opinion on cybersecurity threat Intelligence

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:02:52 UTC 2026


Dear Jean-Robert,

This thread was started on the Afrinic RPD mailing list regarding
having a dedicated page for Quarantine IP block addresses on AFRINIC
website. What is your opinion ?


(ref: https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2026/015567.html)
-----
Recently, I was investigating a cyber security incident involving IP addresses.

A recurring challenge is that even after these IP ranges are returned
to AFRINIC for quarantine and cleanup, there is no quick, centralized
way for cybersecurity threat intelligence providers or law enforcement
agencies to track this status change. I fully appreciate that the
AFRINIC team already handles a significant workload.

I would therefore kindly request AFRINIC members  to discuss whether
putting a dedicated page would be a good idea ? The web page would be
for quarantined and cleaned up IP ranges so that Cybersecurity Threat
Intelligence Providers and Law enforcement agencies can easily parse
those to update their blocklists. CSV format is acceptable but json
format would be nice to have especially with the rise of automation.

Kind regards,
Loganaden Velvindron
(Speaking in my own capacity



More information about the afnog mailing list