[afnog] Africacert opinion on cybersecurity threat Intelligence
Loganaden Velvindron
loganaden at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 10:49:54 UTC 2026
On Sun, 27 Sept 2026 at 02:31, <sm+afrinic at elandsys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Logan,
> At 12:02 PM 26-09-2026, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> >Recently, I was investigating a cyber security incident involving IP
> >addresses.
>
> Are you asking whether there is a data feed which can be used for
> security purposes or something else?
Yes. This can be used as data feed to update IP blocklists which are
maintained by Cybersecurity
Threat Intel companies.
ARIN has a web page which is very useful:
https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/ipv4/blocks_cleared/
Quoting from the web page:
"This page lists the addresses used to fulfill waiting list requests.
We encourage blocklist operators to use this data to remove
potentially stale reputation information based on activity by the
previous registrant"
>
> The information is generally not used by the government.
I'm not sure I fully understand this statement. Can you please elaborate ?
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>
More information about the afnog
mailing list