[afnog] installing multiple rpms

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Mon Jun 13 11:24:33 EAT 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 10:18, Mukasa Assey Alfred wrote:

> All i have is a directory full of rpms including the
> kdebase3-3.4.1-3.i586 rpm, a total of 105 rpms.

I see...

Then what Ezra recommended earlier should work; or

rpm -Uvh --nodeps *

should also do the trick.

Thing is, I am not sure whether you have ALL the RPM's
needed to integrate KDE into the SuSE system, and I'm
especially worried about dependencies.

There are certain web sites that compile the latest
versions of packages for SuSE (and other distros) out of
the main SuSE line. They work, for the most part, but
can be unstable.

Be sure to backup your important data/settings before
proceeding.

Mark.