Re: Help about uucp

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 12:25:13PM +0200, CPVI wrote:
> This morning, I download and install  packages : socks5, runsocks5 and
> socks5_clients, that create some files : /etc/rc.d/init.d/socks5;
> /etc/libsocks5.conf and /usr/sbin/socks5.
> How to setup this packages ?
>
> /etc/libsocks5.conf contains this line :
> socks4 - - - - -

You need to include the address of the proxy server in there (see "man
libsocks5.conf")

socks4 - - - - 192.168.4.1

Then:

# export SOCKS5_DEBUG="3"
# export SOCKS5_LOG_STDERR="yes"
# runsocks telnet 194.7.233.44 540

should invoke the socks library, connect to your socks server, and relay the
connection. (Use 'netstat -nt' and check that it has opened a connection to
port 1080 on the socks server).

If you need to authenticate to the SOCKS server, try setting
# export SOCKS5_USER="username"
# export SOCKS5_PASSWORD="password"

If and only if you get the above to work, then:

# runsocks uucico -S sysname

ought to work.

If it doesn't work, then my guess would be that the Windows SOCKS server is
doing something proprietry (e.g. it requires a domain login or somesuch) and
you need to get a real routed Internet connection.

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org