Re: DNS

> In _which_ zone file? You should not have _any_ zone file for
> 132.129.216.in-addr.arpa (it's delegated to your ISP, not to you)
>
> The only exception is if you wish to run a hidden secondary for this zone,
> but as I say, I don't recommend this.

actually, a hidden primary is highly recommended in my universe and seems
quite applicable here.

the upstream isp, U, 'owns' the space delegated to downstream isp I.  hence
U does not wish to tell the next servers up, 129.216.in-addr.arpa in this
case, to delegate directly to I around the upstream U.

on the other hand, the upstream U does not want the day to day maintenance
pain of maintaining the content of I's zone file.

so the best hack is for I to have a hidden primary which U shadows while
appearing to be the primary and maintaining control, while I controls the
data content as long as they are a customer of the space owner U.

randy

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org