Re: SNOOP on Solaris

>I am having a problem with usage of snoop for solaris on my
>network. When I run snoop to check the ethernet interface of my
>router (Cisco 2500) I get almost no traffic ( only RIP traffic shows
>up) and yet I know that there is traffic going through because you
>can send mail and browse. Does someone have any ideas as to
>what is happening?
>I run "snoop 192.168.0.1" (other IP of course)

Are you devices (SUN Box and Router) connected to a switch...
If they are you will not see all traffic except for that
between the SUN Box and the Cisco.... What you then need to do
is on your switch, define one port as a monitoring port and connect
the SUN Box to it... that way it will see all traffic on the switch!!

Also generate your own traffic while running snoop eg ping your
router from the SUN Box....

Hope that helps..

Lawrence Mashungwa    	  #####	 #### ####  	www.4site.bw
Cell: +267 72141414	 #   #	####  ##   	www.uunet.co.bw