Re: Encapsulation X25 over IP

Hello Kourouma,

ETI - KOUROUMA Aboubacar wrote:

Hello every one,

I am working for a private isp in conakry Guinea. I have three technical topics I would like to share with every one.
The first topic: Encapsulation X25 over IP
    One of my client (a bank) has its branches interconnected by X.25 from Telco. These links are not working to their satisfaction. As we have
 installed wireless links between the branches of the bank and the head office, the client wants that the X.25 link pass via the wireless
system, doing what they call "encapsulation of X25 over TCP/IP." It seems that the cisco routers with the module XOT can do this.
   What do you think? What do you recommend to me ? What is the module XOT for cisco routers ? What types of cisco routers do this? Do I need a specific version of  IOS?

All Cisco routers can do that.
I think also the IOS IP or IP Plus are enough.

The second topic:   Monitoring wireless connection
    For my wireless dedicated customers, I want monitor their traffic. What can I do for that?
You have two choices:
You can monitor your link from the cisco equipment using Cisco SOftware (CiscoWorks or another software) or free software MRTG.
You can also monitor the wireless equipment using their aux port or  ethernet port .

The third:  IP addresses
I have a /26 class C from  my upstream provider (the telco) and I know it is the same case for many ISPs in Africa. This /26 class C is not enough for our activities. I need more. The Telco can not provide me the IP addresses their  IP addresses are from MCI (now cable & wireless) . How can I proceed to have more IP addresses as I am a private ISP connected to the Telco noc? I know guinea is covered by the RIPE NCC.
Since you are an ISP and you need to develop your market,
 you better have to be an LIR(Local Internet Registry)  from the RIPE and when Afrinic will be operationnal you'll be back a LIR from AFRINIC.
The initial costs are 4500 EURO (Membership and Initial allocation).
I have set up the LIR in Senegal and we have many people from the existing RIR who are willing to help and accelerate the process.

Mouhamet DIOP
AFRINIC Observer
SENEGAL

    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me.

Aboubacar.

Aboubacar   KOUROUMA
Chief of Internet Department
ETI sa
Internet and Data processing technologies company in Guinea !
BP 5675 Conakry - République de Guinée

at : akourouma at eti.net.gn
Web: http://www.eti-bull.net
Standard: (224) 41.41.01 / 41.43.31
Fax: (224) 41.46.19
Hot-line Internet  : (224) 45.32.60
GSM:
    Inside Guinea:       (011) 21 65 59 / (012) 67 36 30
    Outside Guinea:
  From US: (011-377 98) 67 36 30 / (224-11) 21 65 59
  From other country: (377 98) 67 36 30 / (224-11) 21 65 59