Re: migration

Well this is the way I did it. The encryption is compatible thus all you
have to do is to copy over the /etc/passwd file to the /etc/passwd file on
your freebsd box and then your /etc/shadow to /etc/master.passwd you
should then run /usr/sbin/pwd-mkdb -p /etc/master.passwd in order to make
a database for you passwords. As fo the home directories, you can use tar
cvzpf home.tgz /home to pack them with ownership and permissions intact
and then move it via either ftp or NFS or whatever you want to use to move them
over and then unpack them with tar xvzpf home.tgz  this should be done when
you've already moved the passwds and users over. If you are using separate
groups for each of your users then you'll have to move your /etc/group
file as well.
> I need to do smooth migration from Linux 6.0/2 to FreeBSD, I have a clientele of around 3,000.
> I need a feature like import of passwd file and how to get their home directories across.
>
> Omollo
>

> -----
> This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.4
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

Sematimba Noah
ksemat at eahd.or.ug

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org