Bind Vulnerabilities

After reading the bind vulnerabilities and upgrading accordingly, I found
a very interesting new DNS server in my searches on the web.
You may want to take a look at http://www.dents.org/ for a VERY nice new
DNS server.
It is very much in development at the moment, but it can do VERY cool
things like
having different algorithms for each zone. This allows you to hand out load
balanced
IP addresses differently for different sites! If you use it in conjunction
with SuperSparrow
http://www.supersparrow.org/ you can do DNS responses based on BGP location.
(ie. Global Load Balancing) Test it out for yourself. Punch in
http://www.au.supersparrow.org/
or http://www.supersparrow.org/ and all of you from the US should
automatically get the IP
for http://www.us.supersparrow.org/  It automatically picks the closest
server to you and hands
you that IP address.
Throw http://www.ultramonkey.org/ into the mix and we now have enterprise
class scalability of networks.
(http://www.vergenet.net/ is another one that you can play with. See what
happens when you bounce through proxies in other countries!!!)

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org