Re: setting port range in ipfw

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 09:47:58PM +0300, Sematimba Noah K wrote:
>  I would like to specify a port range using ipfw but I have failed to find
> documentation on how to do this. I would like to open up my high ports i.e
> ports above 1024 however the manual page doesn't have info on how to do
> this. In linux I used to achieve this with 1024:65535 as a port range.
> any ideas?

from 'man ipfw'

             With the TCP and UDP protocols, optional ports may be specified
             as:

                   {port|port-port|port:mask}[,port[,...]]

             The `-' notation specifies a range of ports (including bound-
             aries).

             The `:' notation specifies a port and a mask, a match is declared
             if the port number in the packet matches the one in the rule,
             limited to the bits which are set in the mask.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org