Re: Exim and ETRN

> > I tried this with $1 $2 for the argument
> >
> > /your/original/script $1 $2 >/tmp/stdout 2>/tmp/stderr
> >
> > And it does work like this!!
> >
> > I dont have any output in the files stdout and stderr.
>
>That's correct - it shouldn't be producing any, should it?
>
> > But the etrn works like this with the script even from a regular etern
> command.
> >
> > ?!?!!?
>
>Weird indeed. I was just about to mail you to say I was completely foxed
>by your last message. I am now even more confused!
>
>Something is clearly getting confused by the lack of an original stdout.
>
>Have you tried it just as
>
>   /your/original/script $1 $2
>
>in other words, without setting up new stdin/stderr? I have a feeling
>that that will fail. If that's the case, then I guess what you have to
>use is
>
>   /your/original/script $1 $2 >/dev/null 2>&1

Yes, Philip, you were right, it failed. Here what I got.

   argv[0] = /etc/exim/etrn_script
   argv[1] = $domain
   argv[2] = $sender_host_address
direct command after expansion:
   argv[0] = /etc/exim/etrn_script
   argv[1] = cmdt.ml
   argv[2] = 216.252.179.126
SMTP>> 250 OK
250 OK
cat: standard output: Bad file descriptor
rm: cannot unlink `/tmp/etrn-bsmtp-e18604e219bf400d55ea69cf11e1d8cb':
Operation not permitted

I checked that the /tmp/etrn-bsmtp-e18604e219bf400d55ea69cf11e1d8cb was
owned by root instead of exim previously when I use the original script.

Moreover, when I used the original script manually whithout a etern
command, it did work also....

>Is this under FreeBSD? I'll see if I can set up an entirely separate
>test to try to provoke a similar effect. Then I'll try it on several OS.
>(But unless I can slip it in before the end of today, it man not be soon
>- I'm running my Exim course next week.)

I am running Linux on this machin using Exim RedHat 6.2, Kernel 2.2.16-3 on
an i686

Eric

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org