Re: Automatic Dialup Internet

> I have configured my proxy server and squid is working well. Now how do I
> initiate an automatic internet connection via dialup when a user initiates
> an internet connection. I am on Linux RedHat 6.2 Currently I am manually
> running
> ifup ppp0 and it connects well.

pppd has an option for that. From the man page:

demand        Initiate the link only on demand,  i.e.  when  data
              traffic  is  present.  With this option, the remote
              IP address must be specified by  the  user  on  the
              command line or in an options file.  Pppd will ini-
              tially configure the interface and enable it for IP
              traffic without connecting to the peer.  When traf-
              fic is available, pppd will connect to the peer and
              perform  negotiation,  authentication,  etc.   When
              this is completed, pppd will commence passing  data
              packets (i.e., IP packets) across the link.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org