Re: Cisco Error

Hi

> has anyone can tell/know where to find info on the following error i get
> on my cisco 3640
>
> System returned to ROM by bus error at PC 0x6033372C, address 0x3 at
> 09:05:26 EAT Wed Feb 13 2002
> System restarted at 09:06:02 EAT Wed Feb 13 2002

you might want to read:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-malformed-snmp-msgs-pub.shtml

3640's are the worst I've come across. I'm not definately saying that's
the problem, but of all the routers/switches/devices I've tested, 3640's
seem the easiest to nail. Just a note - if this is the snmpd vulnerability
then your router will require a reboot after disabling snmp before it's
actually disabled).

I suspect alot of people on this list use the Breezecom wireless kit? I
heard some murmerings this morning of problems with some of their
products, I can in no way substantiate that, or have even looked to see if
it's true. Basically, if you have any software/hardware that speaks snmp
or even accepts snmptraps (snmptrapd) go and check the vendor's site.
ucd-snmp (aka net-snmp) is the most popular snmpd it seems. Upgrade to
4.2.3.

Regards

--Rob

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org