RE: What other IXP Benefit?

It has been my experience that those ISPs who do not connect to a local IXP eventually go out of business. Connecting to an IXP is a _business_ necessity.

IXPs and NAPs are the same thing.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-afnog at afnog.org [mailto:owner-afnog at afnog.org]On Behalf Of David Harrison
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 4:17 AM
To: afnog at afnog.org
Subject: What other IXP Benefit?

Hi All,

I have followed the 'IXP Hardware' forum and learnt alot. However, i would like to know, apart from the benefit of 'keeping local traffic local' what other benefits does my company - a service provider, or any private company stand to gain by participating in an exchange point? Secondly, what is the difference between an exchange point and a network access point (NAP).

thanks,

Dave

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalised at My Yahoo!.