Re: FreeBSD Help again!!!

> I have just managed to install squid-2.4. on the BSD test Server I have been trying to set up.  I have a number of problems and would like step by step assitance to resolve them.:
> The Squid is giving me errors like DNS Name lookup test failed. (Help)

Could you post what you have in the file /etc/resolv.conf on the list?

> I need to configure Netscape.
> I need to initialise the cache directory.
Run
/usr/local/bin/squid -z

to initialise the cache directory.

it is sometimes very helpful to open another tty and run

tail -f /usr/local/squid/logs/error.log

as you start squid. There is usally some very good information in the
error logs. For example you will normally find an error telling you to do
exactly what I've said above.

> I also need to create my localhost reverse DNS nameservice.

Perhaps you need to read the dns material that was given for t1 at the
workshop. I think the materials are available on the afnog website
http://www.afnog.org

> I must als mention here that my first time feel of Unix was at the workshop and I therefore need a lot of assistance in this regard.

Thats ok. Everyone meets something or the other at one point for the first
time. This people here helped me out of some tight fixes when I was
starting out. You may want to take a look round the mailing list archives.
http://www.afnog.org/archives

Noah.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org