Re: Can't login with any user account including root

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:16:38AM +0000,
 Kobby Castro <kobbycastro at hotmail.com> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

>    I have a problem

Yes, you send mail in HTML only. Very bad.

>    My Server (running SUSE Linux 7.3) boots alright but no user account
>    can be used to login.  Not even root.

What's the error message? Is is only with SSH or also at the physical
console?

>    The administrator responsible for taking backups didn't do it.  Please
>    help.

You can crack the machine quite easily, if you have physical address
to it. If so, just boot off a floppy. But I wonder if you are a
legitimate admin of this machine?

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org