Re: 0:190 ORG

Many .ORG owners may not have access to the DNS and their TXT records.
That may of course indicate that they are not really the owners. In other words,
their Registrar or hosting company may vote for them, sort of like a proxy.
Also, it seems that the IPv4 Internet is now run by lawyers and they seem to
think that "whois" is the DNS. TXT Records may be beyond their mental limits.

Looking at the bigger picture, keep in mind that .ORG is currently in the early
stages of "toy" 32-bit DNS Proof-of-Concept testing. Unlike other more serious
TLDs, .ORG does not yet have redundant Registries to ensure more reliable
service in case one company fails (or their executives prove to be crooks).

As an example, look at .INFO, there are two 32-bit Proof-of -Concept Registries.
http://root-dns.org/vuedig/vuedig_tld.php?record=NS&tld=info&submit=Submit

A. http://www.name-space.com
B. some ICANN consortium which changes all the time...

One could view "voting" as the selection of the customer of the Registry similar to
the way they select a Registrar. In order to resolve properly, the SLD owner has
to be registered with both of the Registries. That might appear as "voting" for both
of the choices, which is a limitation of the toy 32-bit technology. As we migrate to
the new 128-bit DNS technology, many things change. The Registry can be distributed
but voting can still be done, by deciding where the money should be paid. That will
allow many companies to participate in "forming the Registry" but the company the
people most want will get the most money. In the end, two or three companies will
likely be selected via economics, ensuring the Registry will continue to operate.
Using the example of .INFO, a third company will likely provide the 128-bit DNS
services and the two 32-bit companies can also remain and be paid. That is like a
three-legged stool, which is strong and harder to collapse.

.ORG is a long way from being a serious TLD...it is still being run as a 1980s operation...

Jim Fleming
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt