Re: exim router configuration

> What is the default limit for max no of concurrent sessions from a
> particular host?

I believe the default is 20

# Set maximum number of smtp concurrent connections
smtp_accept_max = 300
# smtp_ accept_ queue = 150
# smtp_ accept_ reserve = 10
# smtp_ reserve_ hosts = 192. 168. 0. 0/ 16
# smtp_ connect_ backlog = 100

## Overloading parameters
# queue_ only_ load = 5
# deliver_ queue_ load_ max = 7

## Message size limits
# message_ size_ limit = 10M
# return_ size_ limit = 65535

You could probably play with these. ofcourse you may want to read up on them
before using them.

> Many of my clients seem to be reaching this limit pretty quickly.
> What parameter can I use to change it?

smtp_accept_max = NNN

> Noah.
>
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Brian Candler wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:53:52AM +0300, Noah K Sematimba wrote:
> > > I currently have:
> > >
> > > accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts
> > >        sender_domains = +source_domains
> > >
> > > This restriction is working very well and a lot of spam has actually
been
> > > dropped.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to also add particular users to be able to send through
the
> > > mail server. i.e. I may not want every user on a particular domain to
be
> > > able to send through my mail server but only particular users. In this
> > > case I have a user whose e-mail is hosted with another ISP however he
gets
> > > his link and relays his mail through me. So i would not like to enable
> > > every user on that ISP's domain to relay through my server even though
> > > they come from my network but only this particular user/users.
> >
> > In other words, you want to allow MAIL FROM:<foo at hotmail.com> but not
> > MAIL FROM:<anythingelse at hotmail.com> ?
> >
> > Take a closer read of the documentation section on 'ACL conditions',
> > http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.00/doc/html/spec_37.html#SECT37.9
> > The condition 'sender' lets you test the entire sender address, not just
the
> > domain.
> >
> > Try something like this (not tested so you may need to fiddle with it):
> >
> >   accept hosts  = +relay_from_hosts
> >          sender = : lsearch* at ;/usr/local/etc/exim/senders
> >
> > where this file can contain "foo at hotmail.com" or "* at example.com"
> > The extra colon is to allow null (empty) senders, i.e. allow bounces
> > to be relayed. Using the lsearch* at  means that if foo at bar is not found in
> > this file, it automatically retries looking for * at bar. Hence this file
can
> > replace your source_domains functionality as well.
> >
> > If this list gets big, turn it into a dbm file for efficiency.
> >
> > Note that you can use 'exim -bh 1.2.3.4' to fake an SMTP session from
> > 1.2.3.4, which gives an easy way for testing your SMTP ACLs.
> >
> > > As for the routers I settled for this.
> > >
> > > smtp_paths
> > >           driver = manualroute
> > >           transport = remote_smtp
> > >           domains = lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/transport
> > >           route_data = x.x.x.x
> > >
> > > How would I be able to chaneg this to having the route data also read
from
> > > the transport file as well for example have the file looking like:
> > >
> > > domain.net: w.x.y.z
> > >

> > > where domain.net is the domain being routed and w.x.y.z is the
particular
> > > ip address the mail is being delivered to.
> >
> > Something like this:
> >
> > smtp_paths:
> >     driver = manualroute
> >     route_data =
${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/transport}}

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org