Re: slow webmail interface

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 07:51:49PM +0300, Banoba Ezra wrote:
> Sorry my prvious mail was vague.
>
>  i'm running freebsd on a Pentium/P55C (232.11-MHz 586-class CPU).
>
> I have installed openwebmail, a webmail
> interface,(http://openwebmail.org).(seems to run with perl scripts)

Are you running Apache+mod_perl? If not, then every single click will
involve restarting the Perl interpreter and recompiling the application.

> The problem is it is painfully slow even when it is most of other services
> have been disabled.

How long does it typically take to respond to a click?

What is the typical load average on the box (as reported by 'uptime', a
value like '0.50')

What do the disk operations per second look like (as reported by 'iostat 5'
- that gives you a report every 5 seconds, press ctrl-C to end)

How much RAM is in this system?

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org