Re: mail server

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 02:39:38PM -0800, François Katema wrote:
>    I'm trying to work with exim. after installation, Im not able to
>    receive mail from outside. Some one can help me ?

Can you be specific about what you have done to try to localise the problem?

- do you receive any bounces to mail sent from outside?
- is the exim process running? with the -bd flag?
- if you telnet to port 25 on your mail server, what happens?
- does exim correctly deliver mail submitted locally, e.g. from the command line do

   # /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt myname at mydomain.com        # test address
   # /usr/exim/bin/exim myname at myname.com              # test delivery
   Here is a message
   ^D

  (add '-d' flag for more debugging info)

- do you get anything in /var/spool/exim/log/main_log, panic_log ?

B.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org