Re: FTP user/pwd

hmmm! I really think details are in order here:

1. What ftp server are you using?
2. On what OS and distribution?

but ceteris paribus, all you need to do is add the user as a normal user
on your system and give them a valid shell form those listed in
/etc/shells. by valid shell I do not necessarily mean that it should be a
functional shell but rather that it should be listed in /etc/shells
usually on linux it is nice to use /bin/false or /sbin/nologin on FreeBSD
such that the user cannot login via "normal" means like ssh or telnet...

Noah.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org