Re: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

the issue here is not really the presence of an IX or IXs in a
counytr/countries but more one of cross-border connectivity between
African countries, which is for the major part non-existent.

Our ideal/vision is  for "digital arteries" - optical fibre trunks -
between countires that would allow direct exchange of traffic; telecoms,
data, internet etc. Thus limiting the inordinate use of overseas
facilities for interconnection. There is a net export of capital out of
Africa for this interchange of traffic. I will post a graph later that
demonsttrates how a handful of western  teleom companies have been reaping
big time from this situation, so I assure you, people are making money on
it - but no Africans are getting a share of this money. And for these big
companies , the longer we Africans "stay in the darkness" the better.

Longwe

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org