7 Kampala Rd,
Tel:   +256-41-258143
Fax:   +256-41-258144
E-mail: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Web:     www.africaonline.co.ug

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-afnog at afnog.org [mailto:owner-afnog at afnog.org] On Behalf Of
Michuki Mwangi
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 1:05 PM
To: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Cc: 'Brian Candler'; antonio at nambu.uem.mz; 'Bill Woodcock'; 'John Tully';
afnog at afnog.org
Subject: RE: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 12:19, Mark Tinka wrote:
> However, honestly, you won't be able to get that level of trust among
> various ISPs, unless it's a government ruling. I guess the only way
> ISPs will be able to share a single transport service is when
> trans-oceanic fibre makes its way into the country. Only then, do I
> see ISPs scrambling for a piece of the pie.

True, but how do we also help the landlocked countries ..?.

From the statistics provided by IDRC on the Internet connectivity in Africa
www.idrc.ca/acacia. There is fibre on the Western, Southern and Nothern
Africa. But very little sharing of that Fibre with their landlocked
neighbours.

Michuki.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put your
request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org