RE: W32.Sobig.E at mm

Brian Candler wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:08:03PM +0300, Mark Tinka wrote:
>>    My anti-virus filters the messages and only sends me a
>>    notification of the same. I beleive it would be a good idea for
>>    the operator of the mailing list - uol.co.ug - to check incoming
>>    and outgoing e-mail for viruses.
>
> Seems pretty pointless to me. If you are able to receive mails from
> the whole Internet, then anyone could send you this virus. I've
> received dozens of copies of this your_details.zip virus already. If
> you're vulnerable, then you're going to get infected one way or
> another; receiving one less copy isn't going to protect you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

Well, I think every bit you can tie up helps; that's why some of us use
SpamAssasin, even when we know some the junk will still get through.

I believe you should do whatever you can to mitigate the situation,
especially if it won't cost you a lot.

Regards,

Mark Tinka - CCNA
Network Engineer, Africa Online Uganda