RE: [afnog] Heads up, IOS vulnerability

afnog-bounces at afnog.org wrote:
> FYI.  Time to upgrade, folks:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_security_advis
ory09186a00801a34c2.shtml

> Does anyone else (other than me) think AFNOG should be cc'ed on
> future announcements from the Cisco PSIRT?
>
> -a
> This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
> technical discussion list.
> The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>

Well, a lot of the 12.0, 12.1 and 12.2 IOS trains are affected, with many of
them getting a "rebuild."

I understand only the 12.3 is not affected by the vulnerability. And for
those of you that use the 12.2T train, Cisco won't be maintaining it anymore
[so they say]. 12.3 is their recommendation.

Regards,

Mark Tinka - CCNA
Network Engineer, Africa Online Uganda