[afnog] The Netlantis Project

Good morning/day/evening/night/whatever,

I'm working on the netlantis project which offers to the public a set of
tools regarding the global routing (BGP). Netlantis has multiple so called
NRC (Netlantis Route Collectors) which have eBGP multihop sessions with
different ISPs around the world in order to collect their full BGP routing
table.

Netlantis is a non-commercial and independent project.

I would be very interested to have a RouteCollector in Africa. Would anyone
be able to sponsor this? I would need something like a P3 >= 500Mhz with at
least 256Mb of RAM running FreeBSD 4.8 and its colocation. This
RouteCollector would then be dedicated to Afican peers.

The sponsor will get a little text, logo and link on the Netlantis page.

for more informations see http://www.netlantis.org

Example of what netlantis can do:
http://www.netlantis.org/wwwbin/graph.pl?type=as&as=15485&size=none&bw=0&region=all

I also got some other projects which could interest you, but I'll talk about
that in another mail.

Oh, and another thing, I dont think you know me, so let me tell you a few
things about me.

I'm living in Switzerland and working for a regional ISP.
I've been involved in the creation of SwiNOG (http://www.swinog.ch) and
FRnOG (http://www.frnog.org). I speak fluent bgp, mysql, freebsd, perl and I
dream of a better world (who does not?) ;)

Regards,
Pascal

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>