[afnog] Flapping POS Interface on Frame-relay between a Juniper and Cisco

Righa Shake righa.shake at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:25:05 UTC 2011

The interface finally stabalised. This after performing segment by segment
loop tests at SDH level.

We found errors which were sorted after which the service has been better
the random flaps have since disappeared.

 From The trouble shooting I can say the following:

Loop tests be performed with either PPP or HDLC encapsulation instead of
frame-relay.However its important to note that when you change the
encapsulation from Frame-relay to either of the above the subinterfaces
will be automatically deleted.So best be careful here.

The command *show controllers pos0/0/1 *will also help in detection of
errors that may reside at SDH level.

Thanks all for your assistance in helping solve this.

Regards,
Righa Shake

Thank you all for your assistance in helping solve this.

Now dealing with random BGP cease notifications I receive from my upstream.

Regards,
Righa Shake